No Litter, No Chew, No Gum
Please keep the Weigh-In area clean
Friday, January 12, 2018
Deschutes County Fairgrounds
South Sisters Building
|Time||Classification / Mat Assignment|
|5:45 AM||6A & 4A Teams -- Check-In, Medical Skin Check|
|6:00 AM||6A & 4A -- Weigh-in|
|7:30 AM||6A / 4A - Session #1- 6A Mats 1 to 8; 4A Mats 9 to 16|
|6:15 AM||5A & 3A Teams -- Check-in, Medical Skin Check|
|6:30 AM||5A & 3A -- Weigh-in|
|8:45 AM||3A / 5A - Session #2 - 3A Mats 1 to 8; 5A Mats 9 to 16|
|6:30 AM||2A/1A Teams -- Check-in, Medical Skin Check|
|6:45 AM||2A/1A -- Weigh-in|
|10:00 AM||2A/1A Session #3 - 2A/1A Mats 1 to 8|
|1:15 AM||Team Check-in (Packets), Medical Skin Check|
|1:30 PM to 4:15 PM||College Women -- Weigh-in|
|5:30 PM||College Women - Session #9 Mats 15 & 16|
|3:15 PM||High School Girls Dual Teams -- Check-in, Medical Skin Check|
|3:30 PM||Girls Duals -- Weigh-in|
|5:30 PM||Girls Duals - Session #9 Mats 13 & 14|
|TBD||Hood River, Century, Thurston|
Rules & Info
- Teams should arrive early to begin skin checks and to be ready to weigh-in as soon as previous classifications weigh-ins are completed
- Coaches and Wrestlers your patience and cooperation keeping the area clean is appreciated
- Coaches and Wrestlers please be patient and cooperate with our Weigh Masters, Medical Staff and Tournament Staff
- Please lineup in the order identified below
- When you are told which teams will weigh-in first please let these teams move to the front of the line- we need your help to weigh-in the teams that will be wrestling first.
- Coaches it is an Oregon Wrestling Classic requirement that you follow OSAA guidelines and enter your Wrestlers weight information into the OSAA system- this information will be used to enter your teams into Track Wrestling for the Oregon Classic Tournament.
- Coaches please be ready to provide correct weights to tournament staff immediately after your team weigh-in- this updated information must be entered into Track Wrestling to have correct team information in the system to allow the tournament to operate and to begin on schedule.
- All Teams / Wrestlers shall be given the following weight allowance for both days of the Oregon Classic Tournament. The OSAA 2 lb growth allowance will be in effect on the week of the Classic Jan. 12th &13th, 2018. In addition to the OSAA weight allowance an additional two pound weight allowance will be added as a result of teams having consecutive days of competition.
- The consecutive days of competition 2 lb allowance and the OSAA 2 lb growth allowance will increase Oregon Wrestling Classic weights by 4 lbs. The same 4 lb allowance will be in effect for both days of the tournament. Wrestlers must weigh-in at the same weight class for both Friday and Saturday (The same weight on both days)
- Examples: If the wrestler is 106 lbs with the +4 lbs allowance they will weigh-in at 110 lbs.; If the wrestler is 132 lbs with the +4 lbs allowance they will weigh-in at 136 lbs (Wrestlers must weigh-in at the same weight both days of the tournament). On Saturday, If this wrestler makes weight at 110 lbs or less they are eligible to wrestle in the 106 (110) lb and 113 (117) lb weight classes for the tournament.
- On the second day of the tournament if your wrestler does not make weight at 110 lbs or less the wrestler will be eligible to wrestle in only one weight class which would be the 113 (117) lb weight class. If you have any questions regarding weigh-in rules for the Oregon Classic please contact Cleve Thompson at 360-601-2439 phone/text or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coaches are responsible for your wrestler making the correct weight both days of the tournament
- Coaches are responsible for following tournament weight classification rules and to make sure that your team is following all OSAA Rules regarding weight plans
- Please make sure that Oregon Classic & OSAA rules are followed so that you avoid problems for your school, your team, your wrestlers and the tournament